We had a meeting with the pastor and a few other people here and are now pretty much clear on the work we will be doing. Some we have already begun and others will start within a month or two. As we desired, it is more than just teaching english and computers.
Here is a list of things we will be doing:
- Teaching English – both Annie and I will be doing this. Annie will be doing this on a more consistent basis.
- Teaching Computer – I will be teaching this on and off.
- School Clubs – An after school program. We will when we get the chance start up clubs at school with either english, computer, art or instruments.
- School Chapel – We will be helping out with the Junior High / High School weekly worship chapel which is held as part of the school curriculum.
- Sunday School – Teachers aide for elementary school kids on Sunday morning
- Discipleship groups – We will be discipling about 2-3 students from the schools that we teach at.
- Young adult fellowship – We will help establish a fellowship / bible study group for people our age at the Marangatu church
- Ytororo Church – There is another children’s service at 3:00PM on Sunday in a rural area outside the city. This is a planted mission church that Marangatu is building up similar to La Lomita. They currently meet outdoor under the trees. We will go there for the first time this coming Sunday
- La Lomita Church – Financial support for meals after service – more below
There is a lot of spiritual and physical work ahead. We are in need of your continued commitment to prayer and support. Please pray for each of these areas of service to be blessed and for many people to be saved.
La Lomita Church
We would like to let you know that we were given the opportunity to serve the La Lomita church by providing them milk and bread on Sundays. We have mentioned a few times, but the kids there are poor and some of them do not have parents. They rarely get things to eat. Some people used to support the La Lomita church with meals before, but stopped. There are about 150 to 200 kids. Missionary Cho told us that it costs about $30-40 per week to give food to all the kids after service. Anibal the pastor there makes the bread himself and gets the milk straight from the cow farms to keep costs low.
Through your financial support we are committed to providing bread and milk to the children at La Lomita this year. Please pray for the Pastor and his family of 6 kids, the church teachers who are from La Lomita, and the lives of the kids they serve. Thank you for your support.